I’m super lazy when it comes to making things from scratch – if it takes longer than 20 mins I couldn’t be bothered! Plus, when I get hungry, I want food NOW!
That’s why I love these pancakes. My friend shared this recipe with me yonks ago and I think they are a must-have for those following a Paleo diet.. but luck would have it they are just PERFECT for coeliacs too – and healthy!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 2 x Free Range Eggs
- 1 x Banana
- Pinch of Salt
- Dash of Cinnamon
- Small knob of butter (I use this to fry with as I think it makes them taste amazing but you can use oil or nothing if you want to leave it out)
WHAT TO DO:
- Slice half a banana into a shallow bowl with the two eggs, pinch of salt and cinnamon.
- Mash with a potato masher until smooth.
- Heat a small knob of butter in a mini-frying pan.
- Pour half the bowl into the pan and fry on medium heat until golden brown
- Flip after a few minutes using a silicon spatula – these work better than plastic or metal ones as it stops the pancake from falling apart – they’re quite delicate!
- Repeat with the rest of the mixture.
- You can garnish with the remaining banana and maple syrup, or, if you’re like me, you’ll shove the whole thing in your mouth before it hits the plate.